Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
This wonderful and informative resource provides a definitive base of information for those engaged in clinical inquiry. It not only presents the information in a systematic format, it also provides specific examples of projects that have been completed by advanced practice nurses. Score: 100, 5 Stars.ââ¥Doody's Medical Reviews
Advanced nursing practitioners who conduct practice-based studies will welcome this innovative text designed specifically to meet their clinical inquiry and research needs. It is the only book to address the complexities of inquiry from a practice /project, rather than research, perspective. The text builds on research concepts learned in the undergraduate and beginning levels of graduate study that, combined with the vast amount of knowledge and experience gained by the APN student, facilitate movement to the next level of understanding how clinical research differs from traditional quantitative research. The book fosters the development of such skills as finding, reading, critiquing, and translating research for use in evidenced-based practice within the health care system, with a specific population, or for policy development.
The foundation of the text is the Scholarship of Integration and Application, one of the core competencies of DNP education. Content is clearly organized to build from simple to greater complexity of information and each chapter features learning objectives, learning activities, review questions, and recommendations for additional reading.Key Features:
- Provides a practice guide for clinical inquiry and research used to demonstrate practice outcomes
- Written by a senior faculty highly experienced in teaching the clinical inquiry course
- Illustrates the application of 'Scholarship of Integration and Application' core competency
- Presents content systematically from simple to complex
- Clearly written and useful as a guide for DNP student program/project design and evaluation