Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!
Learn to create world-class logistics and supply chains in any industry using kaizen's seven main principles
At a time when businesses are restructuring to become more competitive, many seek a road map to improve their operations. Kaizen in Logistics and Supply Chains is at the forefront of this journey--and can point you in the right direction to help your company in implementing innovative production and logistics systems and changing its culture for the better.
Based on the themes of Masaaki Imai's bestseller, Gemba Kaizen, considered the bible of the quality/management movement, this new work provides the first highly detailed explanation of how to create world-class logistics and supply chains regardless of industry. It includes more than 200 photographs, flow diagrams, value stream maps, and tables--and features a case study that illustrates how a company became more competitive by successfully implementing kaizen principles. There's never been a better guide to lead your company's quest for improvement.
- Explanation of how the seven main kaizen principles can be applied to transform world-class logistics and worldwide supply chains
- Prerequisites for implementing these systems, including stabilization and change management activities
- Concrete steps to implementing kanban systems, internal and external logistics loops, design flow production lines, and supermarket systems
- Detailed real-world case study to illustrate successful implementation of the book's theories, and scorecards so readers can evaluate their progress in practice
- Foreword by Masaaki Imai, Founder and Chairman of the Kaizen Institute, and author of the bestseller Gemba Kaizen